Last years blog post of my favorite things got a HUGE response so why not do it again this year! This year I wanted to share a few business and life hacks along of my favorite new things I have found!
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Business Hacks & Tools
Some of the below are products and some are things that I tried or added to my practice that really made a difference.
- Virtual Staff Finder – how I found my AMAZING virtual assistant that has made my life so much better. I could not have even come close to doing half of the things this year without her!!
- Quickbooks– this year I finally hired a bookkeeper and gave over a HUGE headache that was taking up so much of my life and time. She uses Quickbooks and helps us to stay organized and focuses.
- Think and Grow Rich– this is a great book that I spent the year reading with a group of amazing entrepreneurs in Austin. We had monthly educational meetings and worked on discussing all the principles of this book. Having this book club was so valuable to help bring my practice to a
- Zoom.us – from webinars, video conferences, and to recording podcast Zoom has been a great tool I have loved this year.
- Evernote – who really needs one more app on their phone?! Why I tried and now LOVE Evernote is I can add notes in a more organized manner than iNotes and I really love how easy it is to send a podcast to a note to go back and listen to this later.
- Dropbox Pro – At the beginning of 2017 I wanted to get super organized in all my online storage. I took a course that talked about how if you don’t have enough storage there is no way to run a successful practice. And ever since then I have LOVED having Drop-Pro. At the end of most weeks, I will upload all my images and content to Dropbox and know I can’t lose it.
Ideas that Paid Off
- Hosting an Open House – this year we celebrated our 10 Year anniversary of being in practice. Never have I hosted an open house. I have always attended one, but I figured why not. I have to tell you this was awesome to have so many of our colleagues from the community to see our office and to chat on such a personal level. If you have not hosted an open house in your office schedule on for the new year!
- Marketing Spreadsheet – this spreadsheet one of my dietitians made really helped us to stay organ
ized and on top of who and when we needed to follow up without community. I will put money on it, that is why our practice phone has been ringing off the hook and we had to add two more dietitians this year!
- Scheduling EVERYTHING out a month in advance– this has been a long-term goal of mine. I have always felt like I was playing catch up in so many ways, and I wanted to make 2017 more organized. I tried so hard to plan out a month at a time for social media, marketing, and overall life in my practice. It was a good amount of work each time but LOVED how I felt ahead of things and not always having to play catch up.
- Giving Webinars- this past year I was fortunate to give a couple of webinars and I LOVED each of them. Somewhere free for attendees and another cost $35. What I LOVED about webinars is the ability to teach people all across the country to help their practics grow.
I still love ALL the things from last year and here are a few new things that have just made my life full!
- What’s Your word? –when starting the year I wanted to do something different besides setting intentions. I choose the word LOVE. Everything I choose to do in my life was focused on what I love and only doing things that brought love to my life. Of course, I was not perfect, and it still brought more mindfulness to my life
- Ticket to Ride – this board game seriously took a few tries to understand but now I am obsessed with this game
- Book Club with friends- I defiantly get busy and forget to have a life. This past year a good friend started a book club which forced me to make space to actually read the book. This book club is not your ordinary drink wine book club. We have decisions and in-depth look at each book. Here is what was on our reading list
- Scheduled Vacations – along with taking time to read I wanted to make sure I also schedule the time to relax. I LOVED going to Napa and on a wild road trip with a dear friend. It seems like a no-brainer to schedule a vacation, and for me, it was a new concept that I LOVED and will be doing again!
Adrien Paczosa is a Business Strategist for Private Practice Owners and Dietitians and helps them grow and scale their practices to six and seven figures. She is the founder of Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers business training and coaching to private practitioners, dietitians and wellness professionals.
Adrien is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian, owner of iLiveWell Nutrition, her private practice with two locations in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
Learn 7 Simple Strategies to Get More Clients in your Private Practice with this free 7 day training from Adrien.